Wednesday 30 May 2012

Film Preview: The Great Gatsby

Baz Luhrmann returns for his first film since Australia and once collaborates with Leonardo Di Caprio. We also Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire star in this adaptation of the world famous novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald's book of the same name.


The first question that springs to mind is why the film is being show in 3D? I have never watched a film where I thought the film was improved by it being in 3D which includes the likes of The Avengers and Avatar (snore) so I really doubt The Great Gatsby will change my view on this. It is an interesting cast with Di Caprio and Mulligan coming together though as two people I currently like. Lets hope the release goes better than the marketing which mis-spelt "Ziegfield Follies" on a billboard poster on Time Square in New York.

The Great Gatsby is released in the UK on 26th December 2012 I believe but that hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I can tell and the trailer is embedded below:

No comments:

Post a Comment