Sunday 22 January 2012

Top Trailers

This is an opportunity to look at the best trailers for upcoming movies that have caught my eye. There isn't a huge amount to come with many films being sneaked in for consideration in the Golden Globes and of course the Oscars. Fortunately or unfortunately it means we still have some films to be released in the UK at the end of of January and beginning of February.

Starting with The Descendants with George Clooney which is released on 27th January, a trailer that I have now seen 6 times after it seems to be shown before every film I've watched through January. Definitely a good choice of music with 'Many of Horror' by Biffy Clyro, As I've said before I have high hopes for this film now, the trailer is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWHNXJ1K4yA.

The second film I am very much looking forward to which I have heard a lot less about on this side of the pond is Carnage. This is Roman Polanski's latest film is a black comedy starring Kate Winslet and Jodie Foster in a film set within just one room and with a cast of four. Its a story based around 2 couples discussing a fight between their children which just escalates as the meeting progresses. The trailer is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON3kwJPwcMU

Its only fair to now mention Jonah Hill stepping into more familiar territory after Moneyball with 'The Sitter'. I imagine within a 30secs of the start of the trailer you realise what you are getting from this film as a cheap gross-out comedy. Unlike Superbad I don't think this will catch us all off-guard as a sleeper hit. The trailer is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=japyVYImEcM.

For romantic films which I will resist calling 'chick flicks' as I think this is unfair in a lot of cases (not in others), there is Like Crazy. The story of a couple fighting to keep their relationship going long distance as events conspire against them being together again. Starring Anton Yelchin and Felicity Jones, I have a quiet belief that this film will prove worth seeing and we will find out on 3rd February. The trailer is available http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZV-bwZmBw

Finally, the film I'm sure most of you are long awaiting is the Muppets which comes out on the 10th February. We all know what to expect which is what I'm sure we love about this sort of film is the familiarity but lets just hope it isnt as familiar as the Hangover 2 in plot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVkla1N9tpQ

There are few others films which are coming out in the longer term which I will share the trailers for in due time. The highlights (for me anyways) being Into the Abyss, Being Flynn and Shut up and Play the Hits (documentary about LCD Soundsystem's last gig).

No comments:

Post a Comment